Pages

Monday, August 12, 2013

"There's an App for That"



Move in day is approaching and I've been trying to get organized. With so many things on my mind it's hard to keep track of what I need to be doing. Fortunately, we live in a world with internet. This leads to a plethora of options that can help us with different problems.

Today I'm going to be listing my favorite applications and websites that helped me feel a little more organized and confident for "the big move".

First off I'd like to list my favorite college packing lists. I tried to make my own list of the things I needed. But I would forget items and have to add them in. My paper ended up covered with little scribbles. I couldn't really read it, let alone check stuff off as I went along. Finally I looked online for some pre-made lists.


This website is amazing. It has almost everything you need listed. It's separated into categories like bed, kitchen, and school supplies. BUT, probably the best part of this site is you can add your own items. I love that because if you have specific personal pieces you don't want to forget, just add it to the list.

Now I'm an Android user. I have the Galaxy S3 and I love it. But, if you're and iPhone kind of person then this is a bonus. There's an app for this site! You can take your personalized list wherever you go!


This is a good site for people who want a pre-made list that is also very specific. This one even goes as far as to tell you how many plates and cups to bring. It's great because it lists things that many other lists don't think are very important or too obvious. Trust me, nothing is too obvious. In the rush of packing, many little "obvious" items will be forgotten.


I printed out both of these lists to help guide me with my packing and it's been working great so far!

3) Wunderlist

This app is "wunderful"! (See what I did there?) This app allows you to make your own to do lists. I like it because I took the best items from above lists and made my own. This way I had a list that was more useful for me. This app also helped me make a list of all the things I need to do before I leave. Such as getting a haircut and color, finding the perfect tote bag, and getting a new white belt. You know, the important stuff ;). I also like that it has the boxes you can check off as you go along! Actually seeing progress keeps me motivated!


This is a blog that is AMAZING. I read it almost everyday. It's written by Carly Heitlinger. She had tons of advice on organizing and studying. As well as showing her preppy style through clothing, accessories, and other products. She is by far my favorite college prep blogger! I can't go on any further about this blog because it would take me ten pages to tell you how fantastic it is! Check it out yourself and I know you'll fall in love!

P.S. This is one of my favorite posts that she's done.
http://www.thecollegeprepster.com/2011/01/intense-study-tips.html

That's all for now! I'll be posting again as soon as possible! Only five days left!





No comments:

Post a Comment