Pages

Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dorm Decorations?

PINTEREST SUCCESS

So, I had a day off work today. The next two weeks I'm going to be living at the Press Box. Pretty much until I have to go to school. So I took advantage of the time and started a Pinterest project:

WOOD PHOTO TRANSFERS.

I went scouring the internet for tutorials on how to make these little beauties..
... I didn't find anything.

So I took it upon myself to figure it out and this is what I came up with:


Materials:
Wood Panels
Mod Podge
Printer
Paint Brush
Sandpaper
Cute Pictures!

1) Print off any picture you want to transfer. Some tutorials said you need a laser printer but mine worked just fine! (Also don't forget to resize the photo to fit the wood panel! Mine were 5x7.) Trim off all the excess paper.


2) Take the sand paper and smooth out the flat surface for the picture.


3) Paint the Mod Podge in straight and smooth vertical strokes on the flat surface of the panel. Then gently lay the picture down on the wood. Try to get most of the bubbles out, but don't worry if some remain!

  

4) Paint more Mod Podge on top of the picture in straight vertical strokes. A little goes a long way :) Wait for it to dry.(Or in my case blast it with the "cool" setting on my hair dryer.) I don't have picture of this step because I was in super concentrated crafty mode :(

5) After it's dry pick up that sand paper again and distress the edges if you'd like. I think it gives them a cool vintage-y vibe.


ALL DONE! 

Here's my results :)







No comments:

Post a Comment